Keep Calm




A few days ago I was zapping around some of my favorite websites and found out a poster that I fell in love when I first saw it on a friends house. Ok, the poster has nothing about new, in fact its history comes from 1939. The “Keep Calm and Carry On” poster has such an interesting history about how it was created. At that time, during the Second World War, the British Government’s Ministry of Information were responsible for creating posters that were intended to offer the public security in the dark days of the attacks and invasion that they would suffer. The “Keep Calm and Carry On” poster was never officially published, but nowadays they became a trend. You can spot those posters everywhere from Shabby Chic store to Etsy.
Last week my friend came with a special gift for me, and guess what? I now own a Keep Calm poster! It’s definitely a special gift since she is moving out of the country and it will be a good way to remember her.

  1. gravatar

    # by My mom is so cool - December 16, 2008 at 7:19 AM

    Yes, now we have the same poster to remember each other always! :) love you baby!
    By the way, this blog is hot, my lady! :)

  2. gravatar

    # by Sandra Romanoff - January 6, 2009 at 12:27 PM

    thanks for the special gift! miss you.